Child Care Centers
- Licensed and regulated by New York State.
- Director and staff must meet academic requirements.
- Groups of children are separated by age and developmental needs and group sizes are determined by state regulations (See Supervision of Children).
- Most operate year-round and have hours suitable for a standard workday.
- Larger numbers of children than other types of care.
- May be accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Many parents prefer a center-based program for older children who might benefit from a little more structure than you'd find with in-home or family child care. It's also an appealing option if you want your child to be with peers of the same age.