EIP is a scholarship program that helps providers pay for the high-quality training and education they need to provide quality care to children. Child care providers must be required to take training and be caring for children in a program regulated by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services. Eligible providers can access up to $2,500 in total awards each year.
You can apply if you are currently caring for children as a:
- Registered Family child care provider
- Licensed Group Family child care provider or assistant (substitutes are not eligible)
- Child care classroom staff in a registered school-age program
- Child care classroom staff in a licensed child care center or Head Start
- A direct supervisor of any of the above child care staff
Eligibility is based upon your employment status, level of income, and the course or training that you choose.
Click here to access the NYS EIP Application and information booklet for all the information you need.