Finding and Choosing Child Care
The experienced staff in Parent Services is ready to help! All information shared is strictly confidential.
You may choose to:
CONTACT US BY PHONE
- For the most comprehensive and personalized service, please contact us by phone. Call 516-358-9288. Our parent counselors will be able to give you the tools, at no cost, to assist you and your family to make an informed choice for your child care search.
CONTACT US BY EMAIL
- When you email your request, you will be prompted to complete a form that asks for a short family profile and a list of your child care needs. In order to provide complete and accurate referrals we must have as much information as possible on your form. Please use the comments section to explain any special circumstances or needs you may have.
- After submitting your completed form to Child Care Council of Nassau, a parent counselor will search the database and return referrals and related materials to you by email, at no cost. Fill out our Child Care Request Form here.
DO YOUR OWN SEARCH
- You can search our online database 24 hours a day, at no cost. The child care provider database includes all NYS regulated child care centers, family and group family child care providers, school-age programs, nursery schools, Legal 2 providers, domestic (nanny) agencies, and day camps in Nassau County.
- We recommend that you select the fewest number of choices that apply, as each choice you make will narrow your search results. Please be sure to read the instructions and HELP functions carefully in order to facilitate a successful search.
If you already have a child care program in mind and would like to find out whether or not it is regulated by the state, visit the NYS Office of Children and Family Services website.
If you would like to search child care options in Suffolk County, click here.