QualitystarsNY is a comprehensive initiative to ensure that our young children - the 1.5 million New Yorkers under the age of six - have the opportunity for high-quality early learning experiences. Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (QRIS) are designed to evaluate program quality based on universal standards for early childhood settings; communicate program quality to families by assigning them to "star ratings" similar to those used in other consumer ratings; and help programs continually improve quality through supports.
Benefits of QUALITYstarsNY include:
- Gives parents information to help them choose the best care for their children
- Sets clear standards and establishes a data system to insure accountability
- Ensures tax dollars are being invested in programs that work
- Creates a universal system to assess, improve and communicate the quality of the state's early childhood programs
- Provides struggling programs with a roadmap and access to support and resources to ensure improvement
Learn more about QualitystarsNY here.