School Age Child Care Programs
- Programs that serve only school-age children and operate separately from other child care programs must be registered with the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (unless operated by a public or private school on school grounds, or are strictly recreational).
- Must meet minimum requirements for health, safety, and nutrition and children’s programming.
- Program staff and director must also meet specific credentials and/or work experience requirements.
- Care is provided for children 5-12 years of age in group settings before and after school, during school holidays, and during summer vacation.
- Care is provided in a variety of settings: elementary schools, churches/temples, community centers, child care centers and family child care homes.